Tom’s Kitchen - Canary Wharf Restaurant
: Modern British Brasserie Restaurant chain - with a strong reputation for outstanding food (selectively sourced throughout the UK), serving comfort food to enjoy and share with friends and family.
Brief: To create a team for a new 150 cover restaurant and delicatessen based in Canary Wharf. The team needed to have the Tom’s Kitchen attitude towards providing an engaging service, and making sure things are done right.
The requirement was for 42 staff to be recruited over a 4-week period prior to the restaurant opening.
- Selecting the right people for the Tom’s Kitchen brand
- Sourcing 42 team members across 8 different roles
- A time-scale of 4 weeks from avert placement to restaurant opening including training
- A high number of applicants for each role
- Novalign worked closely with Tom’s Kitchen senior Management to define the employee engagement culture and skills required.
- Novalign developed detailed behavioural interview packs, and behavioural match scoring systems for all roles within Tom’s Kitchen
- Using our relationships and experience we devised a comprehensive online advertising campaign
- Novalign’s ATS (online Application Tracking Systems) was tailored for the 8 different role specified
- Receiving, sorting and management of over 1800 applications
- Shortlisted, pre interviewed and organised candidates to attended full behavioural interviews
- Provision of reports and recommendations for each vacancy for Tom’s Kitchen to make a selection and employment offer
- Tom’s Kitchen opened successfully and on time with the right staff in place
- The employee brand has been significantly enhanced by the programme
- Tom’s Kitchen management team had time to focus on the restaurant fit out and pre-launch planning instead of CV sifting and interviewing
- The opening cocktail party was a roaring success