The NEC Group
Industry: Exhibition, conference, entertainment venue and food
The NEC Group needed to restructure its Marketing and Communications (MarComms) team to attain new budgetary strategies needed to be implemented to match the challenges caused by a worldwide business downturn.
Change Marketing and telecommunication practices to best suit new business strategies required to maximise the NEC Groups market share.
- More output required from less resource
- A high number of individuals had long service and good personal relationships within the NEC Group
- There was a lot of "we have always done it this way - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!" mentality
- Morale was low because expecting redundancies
With the support of 2 external consultants we managed to change the approach, structure, working methods and practices of MarComms team to achieve the CEO’s financial brief and the NEC Group’s operational requirements.
- Produced a detailed alignment strategy and time line plan of activities were required to meet the desired outcomes
- Conducted briefing and brainstorming sessions (based in Covey’s 6 hats) with key service users and the teams within MarComms.
- Defined the new structure, with responsibilities and activities required to meet groups needs
- Created a bespoke interview and scoring system to objectively assess the current teams behavioural and experience suitability for roles within the new structure.
- Assessed team members and recommended those whom were aligned with roles in new structure - produced detailed reports for HR consultation with those whom were unaligned
- Coordinated an online recruitment advertising for new roles where there were no suitable internal candidates
- Provided CV sifting and scoring tool and service
- Assisted in the senior level interviews - produced interview packs and interview scoring tool